- RSS Channel Showcase 2520433
- RSS Channel Showcase 7226556
- RSS Channel Showcase 6398450
- RSS Channel Showcase 2996406
Articles on this Page
- 05/24/17--02:30: _Lawmakers on danger...
- 06/07/17--02:30: _Everyone deserves t...
- 06/21/17--02:30: _If elections don’t ...
- 07/05/17--04:24: _No heroes in pitifu...
- 07/12/17--02:59: _A warning for House...
- 07/19/17--02:30: _Poliquin keeps runn...
- 07/26/17--02:30: _On hothead, hot mic...
- 05/24/17--02:30: Lawmakers on dangerous ground when they ignore voters
- 06/07/17--02:30: Everyone deserves to eat. No exceptions.
- 06/21/17--02:30: If elections don’t matter, can we reconsider a few others?
- 07/05/17--04:24: No heroes in pitiful, unnecessary shutdown
- 07/12/17--02:59: A warning for House Republicans: Trust LePage at your own peril
- 07/19/17--02:30: Poliquin keeps running from health care vote
- 07/26/17--02:30: On hothead, hot mics and duels: Is there hope for the Republic?
Voters are getting pummeled in the Legislature. Last year, the stalemate on important issues caused by a hothead of a governor and a divided Legislature led voters to take matters into their own hands. In a crowded November ballot, they passed four of five citizens’ initiatives. Voters said yes to legalizing marijuana, raising the minimum […]
Everyone should have enough food to eat. Period. Everyone. Every single person. Every child. Every mother. Every father. Every grandmother. Every worker. Every person who doesn’t work. Every person with a disability. Every person fighting addiction. The convicted criminal. The saint. The loving. The mean. The forgiving. The spiteful. The thoughtful. The vindictive. Everyone. During […]
Augusta politicians have decided that they know better than the voters. As the Maine Public headline says, “All Voter-Approved Initiatives From 2016 Ballot in Flux in the Legislature.” Since the Legislature – and particularly Republican leaders – and the governor so comfortably ignore the outcome of elections, I’d like to suggest a few others that […]
There are no heroes in a government shutdown. No bravery involved. No courage. The pitiful display we saw this weekend may have been cloaked in the language of a virtuous stand, but the men and women who talked of themselves like they are heroes for shutting down state government surely aren’t. Early in the morning […]
The governor is a man who would rather climb a tree to tell a lie, than stand on the ground and tell the truth. And there are a lot of trees in Maine.
For politicians, there are three types of pictures you should always avoid. Police mug shots. Funny hats or clothes. And the blurry hand trying to block the camera. The first tells people you’re a criminal. The second says you’re trying too hard and opens you up to ridicule. And the third says you’re hiding or […]
With health care hanging in the balance for millions of people, including 117,000 Mainers, earlier this week we were treated to the musings of a Texas blowhard named Blake Farenthold. Farenthold is a member of Congress from Corpus Christi. He’s a lawyer and talk radio host. He’s been accused of sexual harassment by a member […]